Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Le Merde wants to kick Diabetes Ass!


Le Merde wants to kick Diabetes Ass!
PLEASE SUPPORT LE MERDE's BENEFIT-PROJECT!!!

from the author Mike aka Le Merde...
I am raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, my wife Michelle and son Hondo are doing the walk this Sunday while I'm in San Francisco for an art show. I need to do my part... sorry for the late notice! Only 5 days left! I designed the shirt Hondo's Team just for the walk for Team Hondo to wear.

We did the design and provided the shirts and the rad dudes at Pork Chop Screenprinting in Austin and Seattle did the printing for free! Bad Asses!!

As you may or may not know, Hondo is 3 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last June at the age of 2. Type 1 Diabetes is not new to our family, my dad was diagnosed at age 35 and my sister-in-law was diagnosed with it at age 10. Because of JDRF's research Hondo will have a different quality of life than his aunt and his grandfather have had. He could have an artificial pancreas before he is in high school and we are thankful for that and will do as much as we can to raise funds as a personal thank you to JDRF.

As part of the event, I have pledged to raise money. People can make donations on my behalf, so that I can reach my fundraising goal. With the donations raised, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation will fund the world's best diabetes research aimed at finding a cure. This will help so many people in our own community and throughout the country. Any amount you can give is great; I just appreciate your support.

To donate click HERE to my donate page.

Thanks!
Mike

via http://luvlemerde.blogspot.com/

No comments: